Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thrifty Tip Tuesday!

Thrifty Tip Tuesday Tip of the Week:

The Redbox Movie Rentals

This tip is my latest discovery, and I am so excited I found this!!!! Have you ever seen one of these babies in your local retail stores? This is the Redbox, baby. Make friends with the Redbox.




Chances are, you are like me, and have probably passed by one of these for months in your local Walmart, Albertsons, Walgreens, etc. What was wrong with me to ignore this attractive red box for so long? I could have saved so much money!!! In fact, there is one in the Walmart I shop in on a regular basis. Frustrated with the cost of renting a video at my local Hollywood Video store (almost $5), I decided to look into this whole Redbox thing. It says $1 per night. Can that really be? They must have old, boring movies that nobody wants to rent! I mean, come on, what's the catch? OK, people, there is no catch. Really. $1 per night for new release movies. And you don't even need to talk to anyone to get them! It's really this simple: You walk up to the machine, select your movie, slide your credit or debit card, take your movie, and go home. It's literally like a movie vending machine! If you return your movie by 9pm the next day, your credit or debit card is charged $1.09 per movie. If you decided you want to keep it longer, they charge you an additional $1.09 for each extra night you keep it. It's really that simple. You get an email telling you what movies you've rented. When you want to return your movie, you simply return it to ANY Redbox location, use the touchscreen and select "return DVD", insert your DVD into the machine, and you're done. 30 seconds flat. You will then receive another email declaring that your movie has indeed been returned.

Another tip: You can view which machines have which DVD's on their website (I linked it above), and you even reserve the ones you want so you can be sure they will be there when you get to the machine. Ha! How much easier can it get. No calling around to video stores to see if they have your desired DVD. This is revolutionary, people. Genius, pure genius. The Redbox people are taking this thing to the bank! So go try the Redbox today! It has changed my life.

No comments: