Thursday, April 2, 2009

Luke's 10th birthday happenings...

Luke turned 10 last Thursday, and it was a whirlwhind weekend! He was up at 6am excited about his day! He opened up a couple little presents, and then we headed over to the Killians' house with homemade cinnamon rolls. We then headed off to Children's Hunger Fund. After we were done there, we had a little gathering at the park and ate lunch. I made some yummy chocolate cupcakes for dessert. Too bad it was too windy to light a candle!!!


Since we were leaving to go to Cal City for a weekend camping trip that evening, we spent the afternoon running errands. I took Luke to pick out his birthday present...a new skateboard deck at Val Surf. He had so much fun picking out a new deck and wheels. I think he is supremely happy with his choice. He got an Eric Koston "Girl" deck with special Eric Koston wheels. Whatever???? I know nothing about skate stuff, and he seems to know the world about them! All I know is the kid loves to skateboard. He is outside practically every day doing tricks and learning new stuff, and he has already worn out about three decks!



After that, we picked up his birthday cake to take on the camping trip, and headed out to Cal City! We celebrated with the other 5 families that came with cake and ice cream! It was a wonderful time! And we figured out that you can pretty much stuff 30 people in our trailer and still have room for the cake!


I hope you enjoyed your birthday, Luke! May God grant many more!

No comments: