Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to my One and Only Sister!

Me and my sister and bestie, Karen

Today is my sister and best girl friend, Karen's birthday! Unfortunately, she is waaaaaaaaay across the country this week in Washington D.C. on a business trip for her hubby. But thanks to technology (oh, I love technology...), at least I can speak to her personally, wish her a happy birthday on Facebook, and blog about her!!! All in the same day!


My sister is the most amazing woman in my life. She is my best friend, spiritual mentor, loving advisor, and living example of Christ to me. I am so thankful to God for His work in her life, and I give Him all the glory for who Karen has become as a woman. Year after year, she strives to honor God in all she does, and it shows. It speaks volumes to me and to the many other women who know and love her.


I love just being with her and hanging out at her house, talking, sharing recipes, donating blood together, eating out, serving in Children's Ministries at our church, camping, and the much, much more we do as sisters. God chose Karen to be my sister, and I am so grateful for the mere fact that our lives were ordained to be shared with one another. I am grateful for the relationship we share. It is so unique and priceless to me. I am thankful for the many valuable lessons I have learned from her, and will continue to learn as time goes by.


Karen, happy birthday my dear sister. It is with a full and overflowing heart of love that I wish you the greatest of birthdays today, even though you are thousands of miles away. Thank you for all you are and all the love you have shown me. Enjoy your special day! I love you!

1 comment:

the e-wife, Karen said...

This so sweet and undeserved...thank you sweet Suzanne! I love you!