Monday, April 27, 2009

Adventures in Chipotle-land

My troublemaking, mischievous, naughty sweet, loving kitty, Chipotle has had some interesting adventures of late. A couple weeks ago, while enjoying the afternoon sun outside, we believe Chippy ate a bug that really didn't want to be eaten. He returned into the house with a swollen red lump on his chin. He proceeded to pick it, lick it, and scratch it until it was a raw, gaping, nasty wound. Enough said. So I stopped by the local pet store and picked him up one of those cone things that goes around the animal's neck to prevent them from scratching and licking their wound. I personally think it looks like a lampshade. After all, I just wanted him to be the life of the party heal properly.





Here's my little conehead. He turned into Mr. Lovey Pants when he got the cone put on.



He laid around all day and was extremely affectionate. I guess he didn't feel like the life of the party.



And it was quite hilarious to watch him adjust to life with the cone. He would bump into stuff, fall over, hang his head down low....Watching him learn to go through the cat door was comedy. Sheer comedy.

Then, just a couple days before we took off the cone, he found a small hole in the screen of our dining room window while it was open. He couldn't resist the temptation to the outside (we had been keeping him in while he was healing), and he decided his cone would fit through that small hole. He escaped outside, and a chase ensued between the cat and Austin for about 15 minutes. Naughty boy.




This is what the screen looked like after he escaped.


I mean, come on, who doesn't need a little fresh air, anyways. I love my precious boy. Really, I do.

1 comment:

the e-wife, Karen said...

My kitties say NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY.

They would NEVER do anything like that.

Today we got Rich a b-day card that sings - cats meowing to the tune of happy birthday. I played it for the cats and they FREAKED!