This week's tip comes out of necessity in my family. With four boys (well, one is a man) in my home, without this handy little apparatus, I would be spending a fortune every month. What is it, you ask????? Behold, the Wahl Clippers.
Thrifty Tip Tuesday Tip of the Week:Give your own haircuts!
If you have boys, even just one of them, this little device will save you hundreds of dollars each year. I have to admit, I was a little hesitant at first to try this years ago on my hubby. I had a healthy fear of making my husband look like a complete loser a little strange. I had visions of bald spots and jagged edges. While it did take some really bad haircuts practice to learn how to use them, I was amazed at how easy it was to give a decent haircut. Now that I've been using them for years, we've got it down pat! In fact, I have well overused my current set of clippers and it's time for a nice new sharp set. These clippers are quiet inexpensive, in fact even the more expensive ones are paid for with one round of haircuts in my family. Take Supercuts, for instance. It is now, what, $15 for a haircut? Times 4, plus tip comes to about $75!!!! And my boys could easily have their hair cut once a month. Yikes!!!!! Now, I know you're saying, "But I don't want to give my boy a haircut that looks like he just signed up for the Army." These things don't just shave your head bald! You can use the longer attachments, which I use for two of my boys, and just give them a trim! It takes practice, but it is well worth the effort to save so much money every month on haircuts. As for me, well, I just go to Supercuts once every 4 months or so. Why do you think I have long hair??!!!!! And for you moms of girls, trying cutting their hair at home. You'd be surprised at how easy it is! I have learned to cut Vance's hair using scissors, and while it doesn't look like a professional cut it, it looks good enough! Another option is your local beauty college. Flair Beauty College in the Santa Clarita Valley, gives haircuts for $5, I believe. Great deal! Unless you have a really stubborn hair type or style, these places do a great job. And honestly, I'd rather spend my money elsewhere than on an expensive haircut anyways!
2 comments:
Suzanne,
Nothing to do with your thrifty tip... although I can see your point there. Anyways I wanted to let you know that Trina and I were making our blog rounds and we hit yours first and we love the music so much that I opened another browser to continue playing your tunes! We especialy got a kick out of "Hug Hug" from Nacho. Thanks
Bryan & Trina
Haha, Bryan, too funny! I'm glad you enjoy my eclectic choices...some from the past, some from the present. And what would a blog be without music from Nacho Libre???? See you Wednesday!
Post a Comment