Monday, April 27, 2009

Busy weekend....

Last week was busy, busy, busy. Work has officially begun on Austin and Luke's AWANA Grand Prix cars. Designing, cutting, sanding, and painting is in progress. They really enjoy doing this each year! This is Austin's last year in AWANA, therefore his last Grand Prix race. Dave is doing very minimal assisting this year and letting the boys learn and enjoy the process of making their own unique creations out of a simple block of wood. The transformation has begun, and will continue for the next couple of weeks.

Thursday we went down to Children's Hunger Fund with the Killians and I made pot roast for all of us for dinner.....love this Pot roast recipe. It is so simple, yet so divine. I don't use the mushrooms in the recipe, though. I found out the leftovers made great burritos the next day. You could also use the meat in enchiladas, sandwiches, homemade tamales (which I am dying to try this summer with my sis), etc. Make this someday soon, served over mashed potatoes to soak up the amazing gravy.

We also had dinner with a friend of mine from high school this past weekend. Thanks to Facebook, we have been back in contact for some months now, and have enjoyed getting together every few weeks for dinner. My friend's wife, whom he doesn't deserve I adore so much, made us Argentinian barbecue for dinner. We're talking authentic. Two kinds of empanadas, skirt steak, short ribs, sausages, rosemary fries, and a beautiful salad. Culinary delight, I must say. It was a wonderfully enjoyable evening at their charming and beautiful apartment down in Glendale.

Tomorrow we will go to Olvera Street downtown with our homeschool group. Looking forward to finding the churros my sister had there last week. I am starting to think my life revolves around food. Yikes.

No comments: