Hear, my son your father's instruction; and do not forsake your mother's teaching. -Proverbs 1:8
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Austin's Tadpole
For those of you not reading Austin's blog, my Dad bought Austin a frog habitat for Christmas that came with a free tadpole by mail. He waited for a painstaking 8 weeks for the tadpole to arrive, checking the mail daily and counting down the days until he was supposed to arrive. So the day finally came, and Austin was ecstatic! We followed the instructions for his care to the "T", but unfortunately, the tadpole died after just two short days in the tank! What's up with that???? That's the way to break a poor 10 year old's heart. My heart sank when I tried to get the tadpole to move and it just bobbed around the tank lifeless. I was afraid to tell poor Austin that it had died. After all the excitement surrounding his arrival, I feared he wouldn't take it well. When I told him, he wasn't nearly as disappointed as I was!!!! I felt such lament over the whole issue that I whisked Austin out the door to Petco to buy him a $7.99 tree frog. He happily obliged, and picked himself out the cutest little shrimp of the group to bring home along with 8 lovely live little crickets....YUCKY! We promptly put him in his habitat, where he made himself right at home. Welcome, "Hopper"!!! You are a lucky little frog with an owner who loves frogs like no other......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment