Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Another.......accident.......with....Vance's................



MOUTH!!! I can't believe it, but my youngest offspring has done it again. This time he was riding his scooter. We had just arrived at the park for our twice a week time outside for me to walk around the park and the boys to scooter/skateboard. I don't know what happened because he was ahead of me, all I heard was screaming and crying. I ran over to him to find blood, once again, coming out of his mouth and chin. He was in his usual state of hysterics, so I couldn't really find out what was going on. I managed to convince him to walk back home after a while, and then go over to Kaiser to take a look. The wait to be seen was about 2 hours, so after talking with Dave, I opted to go home since he had calmed down and the severity of the injuries seemed far less than I originally thought. Once all the bleeding had stopped, it really wasn't that bad. He really did take it in the chin, and it is all cut, bruised, and just generally yucky looking. His lip was cut a little, and I think that's where the blood was coming from. And to top it all off, his beautiful new set of permanent front teeth are now complete with a jagged edge....UGHH!!! Nothing seems to surprise me or phase me anymore when it comes to this kid and his mouth accidents. If he makes it down the wedding aisle with his original two permanent teeth, I will be completely astonished. Until then, the boy really needs a lesson in how to fall. We keep telling him to put his arms out to brace his fall. But when I instructed him on this, he just replied, "But Mom, then I will hurt my arms"!!! "Precisely," I said. Better his arms than that adorable little face of his!


We will keep an eye on him and see if he needs any further medical attention. I was concerned about his jaw, because he mentioned it hurt when he moved his mouth around. Well, he did rack his chin really good. For now, he feels better. He looks better. No more bleeding. No more crying. Nothing a new Bionicle can't fix!

No comments: