Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Luke turns 9!!!

Today is my middle son, Luke's 9th birthday! I can hardly believe it! I remember when my oldest turned 5 and I thought that was old! Happy birthday to my sweet boy. I am so thankful to God for another year with him.

Highlights of Luke's past year being 8:

Camping trips to Yosemite, Big Bear, Mojave, and more. Luke really improved his skateboard skills and rides it practically every day. Heelies! He took on to those real fast, and loves them. Awana verses come easy to him now. Math is a challenge for him, but he is pulling through. Had oral surgery performed to remove an extra adult tooth, while AWAKE! Didn't complain a bit. No dirt bike accidents. Yippee! Loves his brothers and his friends Jimmy, Hunter, and Cody. Learned about the Wonderful World of Water in Lighthouse Lessons. Luke continues to be very active and busy, but is very cautious and reserved at times. He has a very tender and teachable heart when corrected. Grew up 1 whole year.

Statistics on Luke:

Height: 53 in.
Weight: 73 lbs.
Hair: Brown and straight
Eyes: Hazel
Freckles: Yes, all over his nose and cheeks!
Favorite Movie this year: Spiderwick Chronicles
Favorite Activity: Skateboarding
Favorite Food: Orange Chicken

Today, Luke ate his requested homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We will celebrate dinner on our camping trip to Dove Springs this weekend. He asked for BBQ pork sandwiches, coleslaw, and baked apples. I also ordered him a skateboard cake (who would've thought?) from Sam's to enjoy on the trip as well. Happy Birthday Luke, I love you with all my heart and pray that your tender heart towards God will continue to grow in love for the Savior.

No comments: