Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Birthday Fun and No Surprises...

Last night, the boys went to Grandma and Papa's house for dinner and some fun, and I took Dave for a surprise evening. I had it all planned out. We would go to dinner, and then I had it all set to take him indoor Go-Kart racing. Let me preface by saying I cannot surprise my dear hubby with anything. He somehow has that "special" ability to be able to x-ray the contents of a present with his eyes, predict where we may be going, or know exactly what he is getting, regardless of whether he has seen the package or not or been given any clues whatsoever. This is not "special" to me in any way. It is a CURSE!!!! I have yet to pull off any sort of suprise for him to date, and I have tried in numerous ways to do it. It is so frustrating!!!!

Yesterday afternoon, I still thought I had him stumped. I was so proud of myself for finally doing it. After all, there was NO way he could know. I had already asked him if he knew where we were going, and right before we left I asked him again. He said to me, "Well we must be going Go-Karting." Just like that. HUH??? What in the world??? I tried to figure out what clues could have possibly led him to that conclusion.

"Did the kids tell you?", I asked.
"No."
"Did you see the bookmarked link on the computer?"
"No, I never look in the bookmark file."
"Well, how in the world did you figure it out? I have never mentioned it before, we have never had a discussion about trying out this place, I just thought you would enjoy doing it, that's why I picked it. I researched places on the computer and found this one."
"I don't know, I just guessed."

I don't know, I just guessed. You see what I'm talking about???? Needless to say, we had a great time! We went to Dino''s Pizza in Burbank for dinner, and then over to Sylmar to MB2 Raceway to have some fun. It's an indoor kart racing place (this isn't Mountasia-we're talking up to 50mph)! They have an arcade, pool table, air hockey table, and a snack/drink bar. The facility is brand new, huge, and a has a really nice crowd of people. The employees are all young people for the most part, and were very nice and helpful. They offer adult karts, and junior karts for kids 48" and over. You race around the track 14 laps, and they clock your times and put them up on the screen with your racer name. They provide helmets, neck braces, and even shoes, but you can bring your own helmets if you desire. Dave convinced me to race with him, and I'm glad he did. It was such a blast. This Mommy of 3 didn't crash once! And I saw several people smash into the guard rails and spin out. Those little karts are pretty fast, and it was so fun to slide them around the turns at full speed. I have to say, I would highly recommend this place to anyone. It was a fun thing to do for Dave's b-day, and right up his alley. We may even take each of the boys on their birthday. So despite the fact that he knew where we were going, it didn't matter. He loved it. That's all I can ask for!

No comments: