
Last night I had a Lighthouse homeschool group meeting, so Dave had the idea to take the boys for their very first trip to Tommy's. For those of you not familiar with this joint, this is just about the most delicious, most decadent, most fattening, and most gut-wrenching chili cheese burger you will ever lay your hands on. Add some chili cheese fries, and you have cholesterol overload in a bucket. It's a meal that will make your car smell for days, so never, I repeat NEVER, do take out. You must eat there.
With all that said, my man and my three boys all went there last night for dinner, after I built up the place like it was another form of heaven here on earth. Let me begin by saying how utterly jealous I was of them that they all got to eat there with no consequences to the hip or thigh, while I have been consuming a mere 1200 calories a day. But anyways, I got over it. Austin dove in head first and had a chili cheese burger with extra pickles (now that's my child), along with some chili cheese fries. He thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. My other two crazy children (whom I still love even though I considered disowning them for this), ordered plain hamburgers, no chili. What's the point of that, I ask?????? And they didn't even care for the chili cheese fries. Well, there's no accounting for taste. Hmmm....
When I returned home from the meeting, I could smell Tommy's in my house. I thought to myself, "Did those boys bring home the smell on their bodies"? Lo and behold, practically a whole order of chili cheese fries was in the fridge sitting there merely to tempt my utter lack of willpower. I had ONE fry and called it a day. Yippee! Victory! Austin ate the rest for lunch today. Lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment