Thursday, February 21, 2008

On with the entertaining!

With most of the home improvement projects behind us, I can now resume what I really enjoy doing, and that is entertaining folks in our home. When we first bought this home, I was so thankful to have a place where I could have people come for food, fun, and fellowship. And even though we only have 1200 or so square feet, I feel so amazingly blessed to have this beautiful and wonderful home that was given to us by a gracious God.

With all that said, we are having some dear old friends, the Killians, over for dinner tonight. James (the dad of the fam) is a TOTAL foodie, and does a lot of the cooking in their home, so picking a menu to make for them is, well, difficult! His dear wife, Elizabeth is quite the lucky lady! I love being in his kitchen with him when he cooks. He is one of those people who has the ability to just take some ingredients and make an amazing meal out of it. I, on the other hand, am not such. I must have a recipe, which I admittedly do well in following, but I cannot create in the kitchen like he can. So I like to glean in whatever way I can from him! So tonight we are having fish tacos. I know it sounds simple, but when you add shredded cabbage, cilantro cream, some homemade chipotle salsa, lime wedges, queso fresco, and a sprinkling of cilantro, things are looking quite delish.

I am excited to have this family over. They have two sweet dear girls in between Austin and Luke's ages, and they fit right in around here. The kiddos will have a great time playing, and us adults will enjoy some sweet fellowship over good food.

By the way, James is in a band called Godspeed, and their music is awesome. Check it out in the link above! On the main page, James is the one on the far left. The drummer, by the way. Maybe some day he can teach Luke how to play....hmmmm...let me think that one over.

No comments: