Saturday, February 24, 2007

We're going on a vacation!


Dave and I are going on a little weekend getaway next week! To celebrate Dave's Birthday, Valentines' Day, and our upcoming anniversary in May, we are going on a Royal Caribbean three-night cruise to Ensenada. We don't take vacations at all, besides camping, so this will be SUCH a treat for us! And we are so grateful to my sister and her family for having our boys for the weekend-Karen insists that it is fun, not work....hmmm....three wild boys for the weekend, I don't know who will be having more fun! She is planning some very fun things for them to do, and even let each of my boys select their own personal menu options while they are there! What a blessing to know they will be in the most capable of hands. I know we won't worry one bit while we are gone. I am just excited and thankful for the opportunity to nurture and refresh our marriage with some time alone.
Dave and I never had a honeymoon, and the longest vacation we have ever taken together is two nights in Pismo a few years back, so we are so very excited and thankful to be able to have this special treat. The picture above is our actual cruise ship, the Monarch of the Seas. I picked "her" because of its signature rock-climbing wall, and the Jade Sushi Restaurant. It should be a lot of fun. I am particularly looking forward to seeing my husband in a suit, which is an extreme rarity for him. The last time I saw him dressed up beyond a dress shirt and slacks was at our wedding-and that was almost 12 years ago! I think I will feel like Cinderella at the ball!!! I will post again when we get back!

No comments: