Saturday, September 29, 2007

What L.A. Needs is a County Fair....


Yesterday, the boys and I took a field trip to the L.A. County Fair with our homeschool group. OK, well, with another family. No other families showed up! But what a way to go-with a school group! You get free parking, free admission, free milk, and free ride tickets for turning in book reports. The boys probably rode about $100 worth of rides for free! It was such a wonderful day. We spent the day with the Kirby family from our homeschool group, and it was delightful. We saw shows, animals, exhibits, and of course, went on the rides. A highlight for everyone was the Shangri-La Chinese Acrobats. We all sat there with our jaws in our laps for about half an hour. Amazing! I would have gone to the fair just to see them perform. And I went home with a new dry mop for my hardwood floors! What a deal. Everyone left happy! I could have spent hours just perusing the shopping areas, but I spared the boys the torture. And, by the way, our pig didn't win any of the pig races. No free bacon for me this year. Maybe next year!

No comments: