Friday, September 21, 2007

Crepes are yummy!


I have had a serious hankering for crepes since we returned from San Francisco, where I partook of that delicious lemon crepe at Pier 39. Can you believe I have never attempted my own crepes? My sis, Karen has been making them for years, and I had convinced myself that they were just "too hard"! Yeah, yeah, nice excuse. Well, this morning I pulled up a simple recipe online, and I was surprised to find how easy they are to make! I whipped up two fillings: one was chopped apples sauted in butter, cinnamon, and allspice, and the second was a nice thick blueberry sauce, simply made from some frozen blueberries, sugar, and some cornstarch to thicken. My kids LOVED them. Well, wouldn't you? A crepe, a little fruit filling, some whipped cream, and a syrup drizzle? Now you're talking. The boys just couldn't get enough. So, if you have never made crepes, and love to eat them, I insist, it really is very simple to do. Impress your family today! Make them crepes!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

YUMMY! Now I want a crepe, too!