Thursday, September 27, 2007

Work Hard and Be Rewarded




We are in the process of some home improvement projects around here. Our ultimate goal: To install the new hardwood floors we bought! Of course, there are other minor projects we have to finish to get to that goal. This past weekend, we ripped out all of our tile. Here is Suzanne's list of must-have home improvement helps:


1) A handy husband

2) A rented jack-hammer

3) Some male offspring


The combination of the three was entirely too effective in making quick of what otherwise would have been a very long and tedious process! We had a production line: Dave was ripping out tiles, the boys were removing tiles to the wheelbarrow in the backyard, and I was sweeping up the mess! The boys worked SO HARD. Not a complaint. Not a "Daddy, can I take a break?" Not a "what do I get if I help"? Just honest to goodness sweat and hard work. We were so proud of those boys, who truly did make the project so much quicker and easier. Dave loves to reward our boys for hard work, so off to Val Surf to get some much needed new skateboards. The boys have all taken quite an interest in the sport, and have really enjoyed watching the X-Games and using our little mini-ramp in the backyard. So here's to another reason to visit the emergency room, yeah? Well, I'm alright with it. They're boys, and they do boy stuff. All I can do is sit back and enjoy!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow! Good job, boys....way to help Mom and Dad! Congrats on the new skateboards.