We took Vance to the orthopedic yesterday, and they X-rayed and examined him. The orthopedic was not ready to take off his cast yet. She said that about two weeks need to pass from the initial time of the accident before they can have an accurate X-ray of what is really going on. Because of his growth plates, it is often hard to tell if there is a fracture. So, she believes if we were to take off the cast and there really is something wrong, that could be very damaging, and cause problems for the future. He will return next Thursday for one more X-ray. If nothing shows up, they will remove his cast!
We also visited the dentist earlier in the week. The dentist pulled one tooth that was knocked loose and was twisted in his mouth. Luckily it was a baby tooth! He examined his upper gum area where the permanent teeth are exposed. He hesistated to give me the bottom line, and I think that is because it is too early to tell. He told me children's mouths are very forgiving, and things can heal that wouldn't heal in an adult mouth. It is also a very huge benefit that his permanent teeth hadn't erupted yet. That would have caused many more issues. I was told that it will be about 6-12 months until we can really assess the extent of the damages. I think I came out of there realizing that it may be worse than I originally thought. I'm not sure, but there may be such things as gum grafts and root canals in our future. But that is OK. It is well with my soul. Armed with an eternal perspective, this is so small in the grand scheme of things. And I thank God for these opportunities. It is a time of growth for me. A time to return to simply trusting the Lord. It is a time of remembering that God is concerned with and takes a great interest in what is going on in my life. He does not leave me to deal with these things alone. The psalmist says:
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.
Psalm 139:17-18
No comments:
Post a Comment