

After finally recovering from an interesting weekend, to say the least, I am now ready to post about our latest camping adventure. We decided to try a new OHV (off highway vehicle) area to camp at this time, just so we can get a taste of the options we have, and pick a favorite place we can possibly return to in the future. This time we decided on Dove Springs OHV area.
When we rolled in on Friday, there were lots of spaces to choose from. We chose a nice open area surrounded by hill climbs. Well, by the late evening, about 50 other trailers decided to join us in that area, making it quite crowded and loud. And on top of that, our "neighbors" (whom don't really understand what "love thy neighbor" really means) decided to ride up until about 3am. We have never experienced this in any off-road area before. People are usually very nice and quit at sundown. Well these people rode all night! So suffice it to say, no sleep was had by Dave or I. The kids were fine! They spend their days digging in the sand, riding bikes, and riding in the dune buggy and on dirt bikes. And of course, snacking all day. Come Saturday night, Luke came down with the stomach flu (I'm sure you can imagine how pleasant this might be in a trailer), and I was under the weather with sun stroke and a mild form of the stomach flu as well. Combine that with another sleepless night, and we were ready to go home first thing Sunday morning. But despite that, we enjoyed fun, food, and fellowship together with the Harasicks and the Tubbs.
Drew is really enjoying his new XR 100, and Emma gave my 80 a try and fell in love. She was off with what we called the "Fab Four", which was Drew, Emma, and Lindsay and Stephanie Tubbs, at times for an hour at a time! She just loved it! And I am so proud of her gusto! Even my sister gave it a try, and found it enjoyable! I didn't do too much riding this time around, as I didn't feel too well, but I enjoyed watching the boys ride. Luke spent the entire weekend either on his dirt bike or in the dune buggy, nonstop! Austin played games and enjoyed climbing the large hill behind us. And Vance dug and dug and dug with Cody, and rode his new bike a bit, too.
The Tubbs ended up with some trailer issues due to a missing weld, I believe, on the tongue of the trailer. Fortunately, they made it home driving super slow. We are thankful for that! All in all, we had a good time, and next time, we know to pick a different spot. We did enjoy being entertained by all the "Stunt Junkies" at this place. It's just amazing that nobody got hurt. Well, happy trails to you, until we meet again!
No comments:
Post a Comment