Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Have you ever had one of those days????

I am having one of those days. That's all I have to say. OK, it's not. My morning went like this:

To begin, I managed to spill about 2/3 of a 5 pound bag of flour all over the kitchen floor while making pumpkin cake. It was all over me, too. The whole entire kitchen floor was covered in flour, with mounds in some places.

After cleaning up that mess and getting the cake in the oven, it was time to sit down at the school desk with the boys and a nice hot cup of tea. Too bad I spilled it all over the stove when I knocked the cup over with the tea kettle.

Fast forward to 11am or so. I was making stuffed potatoes. As I'm mixing all the ingredients in with the potato pulp, I am bewildered by the results. It was a pasty mess. I questioned myself as to what I could possibly have done to get these results. I've made this recipe before. Hmmm....Well, I decided to proceed with filling the potato shells with the filling anyway, hoping they will turn out fine once they are baked. I'm about 14 shells full when the dinger in my brain goes off......Butter, you fool! You forgot the butter! So I pulled out two sticks of butter from the freezer and stuck them in the micro for 15 seconds to thaw and soften them. Except instead of pressing one-five, I press one-one-five (or a minute 15). It seemed to be taking way too long for the butter when I realized what I had done, and I opened the micro to find a melted mess all over the turtable plate. At the same time, one nameless child spilled an entire glass of water all over the table which is now spilling all over the hardwood floors. Eeeeeeek! So we cleaned that up, and then I tackled my butter mess. Which now leaves me back at the potatoes. I re-stuffed them after mixing in the buter.

By this time, I am hungry, as it is well past lunchtime and the kids have all been fed. I decided to heat up some leftover chicken tortilla soup.....Do you think I could get that right? I semi-exploded that in the micro as well. I'm not going to touch anything or do anything more today out of fear of what may happen!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

YIKES!! Best just to go sit on the couch and have one of the boys put on a movie for you. Don't touch anything!!!

Hope tomorrow is better. :-)

Grandma Lorrie said...

I HATE when that happens!!