Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Out of the woods....Literally!

Well, officials have declared that Santa Clarita is now at no risk of being damaged any further by these horrific wildfires. Our neighboring communities have lost several homes, and that is literally just around the corner. Streets I drive often. God has sovereignly kept our family and all of our friends in this valley safe from harm. Some of our friends reportedly had fire as close as 100 yards away from their homes, but have all returned after evacuations to find their homes still in tact. God is good. By the way, God is good if the house burned down, too.

I forgot to mention one detail that we are thankful for. The truck is now running! After a two-month engine rebuild and some rough edges to smooth out, Dave got it running...just in time to leave in case of fire. How do like them apples???

I intend to put up a video of the engine starting (I know, it's exciting stuff), but the cable to download my pictures is, yes, you guessed it, packed up in the trailer! We are slowly putting things back where they belong and returning back to normal life, if there is such a thing! We are even having some friends over for dinner tomorrow night. Life goes on....

No comments: