Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Fairmont Fair 2007

A highlight event at our church is the annual Awana Fairmont Fair. Our kids participate in the Awana program, as mentioned before, and the clubs put on a classic carnival style fair every year, filled with game booths, fair food, prizes, and lots of fun for very little money.

Last night, our family went down to church to help with the setup. Dave was helping to build the booths, and the boys and I helped paint the signs that went on each game booth. It was a lot of fun! I received the ultimate in complements (if you want to look at it that way). Someone asked if Luke and I were brother and sister. Yes, you heard it right. Brother....and....sister. Are you kidding me? When I told him we were mother and son, he looked at me with a blank stare and said, "Well, I knew you were related, because you look so much alike!" OK. Whatever!

Today, we went to the fair, and had a great time working in the booths, visiting the booths, winning prizes, and eating an extremely healthy lunch. Oh yes, I just love nachos. Yum! The boys ate nachos. And popcorn. And candy. And snow cones. And soda. And soon, we are going to ask them to actually go to sleep???? We'll see how that goes. They even helped their Awana leaders by working in their game booths with them. And Vance and Luke also helped Dave and I work in our booth, as well. They are such sweet helpers.

All in all, a lot of fun was had by all. It is such a joy to be a part of our wonderful church. We are truly blessed by all that goes on inside and outside of its walls.

No comments: