Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A day at Magic Mountain


During the school year, the boys all participated in the "Read to Succeed" program, where each child reads for a total of 6 hours and earns a free ticket to Magic Mountain. I even got a free "teacher ticket"! So this past Monday, we all redeemed our tickets. We only live about 10 minutes away, which makes this an ideal place to visit. The boys and I headed over when they opened, and Daddy met us there after work. We stayed until they closed at 10:00pm, and then got in line for some funnel cake-YUM!

The boys are at such a great age for this place! They are all tall enough to go on most every ride. The boys were so brave! They all went on Goliath, Superman, the ever infamous Colossus, and much more. Austin tried out Batman and loved it! We pretty much went on every ride in the park, and some twice, with the exception of about 3 coasters that Luke and Vance weren't tall enough for, and Austin wasn't interested in. We just had a great time enjoying the look on the boys faces during the rides, and just savoring their excitement throughout the day. They loved the big coasters as well as the silly little kid rides in Bugs Bunny World! There were a couple of rides that we literally paid them to go on. But they ended up loving it, of course! The park was not crowded at all like I had anticipated, and we literally walked right on to most of the rides. It was a very pleasant day and we enjoyed being together immensely. Vance and Dave bonded being "ride buddies". He always requested to sit with him on all the coasters. Very cute.
To describe their "coaster personalities", I would say this about each one:
Austin: Reserved Daredevil-will try anything once!
Luke: Total Chicken, but secretly loves the thrill!
Vance: Has to be convinced it's a good idea and loves it afterward!
My three boys are fantastic and I'm so thankful to spend this life with them. They are truly a blessing to my heart. Did I mention I must pray a lot???!!!

No comments: