I have SO dropped the ball with this blog. I just can't seem to keep up on it, and then I find myself with SO much to say that I am overwhelmed. This school year has really ramped up our lives. Having a high schooler, a junior high student, and an elementary student has us all over the place. It is busier than I am used to being, but I am slowly settling into life and rearranging my once very organized schedule to accomodate for all the activities. I still remain confident that in order to homeschool, you actually need to be home! I am still sticking with my healthy fear of overcommiting and being careful that all of these things don't get in the way of being able to effectively serve my husband and my family's needs, and that our home is still clean, organized, and running efficiently. And I am most happy when that is the case! With all that said, we truly are enjoying all of our wonderful opportunities this year, and the boys are thriving. We are so blessed.
I never did blog about my Dad's wedding! He got married last month to a sweet and wonderful lady, Mili. My sister and I threw them a magnificent 50's themed reception at Karen's house. There is no need for me to go into details, because Karen blogged it perfectly right here.
Dave has been super busy at work, which is SO good, and SO God. He is choosing to prosper Handmade in ways we could have never imagined. And Dave gets to build incredible works of art! We are so thankful. And we love his schedule....he has Fridays off!
Austin ran for ASB secretary of our homeschool group, and is now enjoying serving in that capacity. He is really enjoying planning and recording all kinds of fun events for our group, and I am enjoying seeing him grow and learn to be a leader.
Luke started drum lessons a couple week ago. Wow! He is doing so well. He went from making ridiculously irritating noises in the garage to playing beats in a matter of one week. His teacher is awesome, and he is really enjoying it so much. I love listening to him play now! It will be such a great outlet for Luke's energy, and I look forward to how he can use his skill in the future.
It's camping season! We are going to ride dirt bikes this weekend in Cal City, and we are starting to plan our big annual Thanksgiving Camping Trip for next month. So fun. And when I say "We are going to ride", I really mean "Dave and the boys." I enjoy being the "trailer Mom"....and no, that is not a redneck term. I don't ride anymore, after my seemingly harmless rides usually end up with me being confined to a bed in pain for a week. "Why do you have to be soooo OLD??!!" That's from the movie Despicable Me, and it seems to be my motto these days. Yeah, I just prefer to provide the meals, snacks, and activities for all my happy riders, and let boys be boys. I just stand at the trailer door and ask "Do you want a cookie?" It's exactly where I like to be.
Our little puppy Magnum, or "Num-Num" for short, it getting so BIG! He is now six months old, and it's as if we never knew life without him. Summer and Magnum are buddies, although both probably prefer people before each other. Magnum is such a good dog, and Summer is, well, not like that. Summer just doesn't get along with other dogs, but she loves people. And barking. And gophers. Nuff said.
So that's my update. I'm sure you are better off for knowing it. Sure. I promise to provide something valuable in the near future. Maybe some new recipes? Pictures??? I'll work on it!
1 comment:
I wondered where ya'd been! Sounds like crazy-fun times and fabulous memories are being made! :-)
Post a Comment