See these happy children??? It's because they were starting the first day of the 2011-2012 school year! Oh yes, check back with me in a couple weeks. Those smiles will be wiped clear off those faces. Ha!
I am homeschooling for the 11th year in a row, and I don't have any plans on stopping soon. Every year brings more work, more challenges, more planning, more stress, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It is such a privilege, blessing, and yes, even enjoyment to have them home. This year we have our first high school student. Yep, Austin is old enough to be in high school, which also means I am old enough to be the mother of a high school student. Where did the time go? That's OK...the other day, I got asked by the Sam's club checker if I was the boys' sister or mother! I'll take it!
This year we have a lot of fun classes and activities planned. Austin is taking a science class at the Master's College, Luke is taking an algebra tutor class, and Austin and Luke are taking creative writing classes as well. There will be many exciting field trips and activities with Lighthouse (our homeschool group) coming up as well. Austin is even running for ASB Secretary of our group, which will be a fun experience for him...campaigning and all!
Summer was pretty uneventful. We just finished putting in a walkway down our driveway, which was a lot more work than we bargained for, but it looks beautiful! It widened our driveway, so more vehicles can fit in the driveway without driving over the grass (which Dave had to do to get his truck in). We also replaced our last few original windows in the house with new ones, including a beautiful one for our dining room. Next up on the project list is to paint the exterior of the house and then re-landscape our backyard, which is currently dead grass, weeds, and potholes from the gophers. We are thinking new grass, a path down the sideyard, and a deck with a fire pit. The work never ends!!!! We are thankful for and are really enjoying our newly renovated interior, thanks to State Farm and a pesky little flood. There won't be any interior improvements needed (except to kick out all the irritating colonies of ants which have been invading my personal space all summer). I give them credit for working so hard.
And we did end the summer with another broken bone for, you guessed it, my youngest offspring. He falls, it breaks. It's that simple. He chipped a bone in his wrist coming off the roller skating rink at family skate night with the church Junior High group! So another pretty blue cast for him! He's a good sport. And conveniently, it is his right hand, the one he writes with...just in time for school to start!
Well, we are looking forward to all the Lord will have for us this coming year, and trusting in Him as He unfolds that plan according to His will. Happy school year everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment