Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy 11th Birthday Luke!

Luke's Birthday Breakfast
Delicious Cinnamon Rolls...Recipe to come

Today our middlest, craziest, most energetic, most lovable, sensitive yet tough at the same time, athletically inclined, fast learning, talkative, friendly, people oriented, dirt bike riding, bike riding, skateboarding middle child turns 11!!!! That just blows me away. I still remember the day he climbed out of his crib and was standing on his dresser when I went in to greet him in the morning. He doesn't do that anymore.

Luke is a gift from God to our family. God chose Luke as our child and Dave and I as his parents. What a great responsibility and privilege we have!!! It has been both a blessing and a challenge, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It has been encouraging to watch him grow and learn. I can't wait to see what the future holds for him, and even what this next year may bring. For now, I trust that the Lord has a plan for his life, and He continues to hold Luke's every moment is His very hand. I pray that the Lord would do a mighty work in Luke's heart, even if just little by little. For with God little is MUCH, and I will rejoice in little!


Today we are celebrating Luke's birthday with the following meals, personally chosen by the birthday boy himself:

Breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls

Lunch: Pizza with Dad at his office

Dinner: Steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a lettuce wedge salad with blue cheese crumbles and bacon bits

Tomorrow we will celebrate his birthday with family and dirt bike riding friends at the Gorman track, where he will open his presents. For now I will not reveal any details, but there will be pictures to come, courtesy of my beautiful niece Emma, who I'm sure will capture all the excitement of the day! Stay tuned. Excitement to come!

No comments: