




Our little girl is so cute! Just look at that face, will ya? We are just loving having a dog around. It has been an adjustment, but such a joy! All of us are becoming more active, walking Summer to Central Bark practically every day. Yes, Central Bark- the dog park at Central Park across the street from our house. I'd like to meet the witty person who named the place.
The school year has been going very well so far. We are really enjoying our extra classes we are involved in this year, plus the various Lighthouse activities. We recently went to California Pizza Kitchen on a field trip, where the kids got to tour the kitchen, make and eat their own individual pizzas, and the Moms all got pizzas, too! It was so much fun. Our Friday P.E. classes have started, as well as AWANA and Junior High activities. Austin is loving the Junior High department at church, and all the various activities associated with that, including his once a month boys Bible Study. What a tremendous blessing for Austin and for our family. We are so thankful for our amazing church.
My Dad took my sis, Emma, and all of us to the L.A. County Fair last week. We all had such a wonderful day together. The boys and Emma rode the carnival rides, Karen, Dad and I perused the shopping plazas, and we watched various shows and ate all the amazing fair food. Funnel cake, giant sausage sandwiches, pickles, ice cream....you got it baby. The weather was delightful, and it was not too crowded. It was just a wonderful day. And to cap off our day, we made the traditional stop at Spaghetti Factory for dinner, as we always like to do when we are out as a family. If you've never been to a Spaghetti Factory, well, I'm so sorry. I really think you need to go! Delicious and cheap eats in a very eclectic and Renaissance setting. Think red velvet.
Fall is finally in the air here in the SCV. In a matter of a week, the weather dropped 30 degrees. Woohoo!! Time to break out the sweatsuits, jeans and sweatshirts, the cans of pumpkin, all of my soup and stew recipes, and the evening coffee! I think it must be my favorite season. Happy Fall everyone!
Oh, and I promised before and after pics of Dave's motorcycle. Coming soon. I know you all are so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment