Thursday, June 25, 2009

My oldest turns 12!

This picture describes my son completely. He has been this way since the day he was born, 12 years ago today! Jovial, nutty, kooky, and just plain fun. It seems like just yesterday that he was that happy infant I would take out of a crib after a nap. It seems like just yesterday that he was learning to walk. It seems like just yesterday when he started kindergarten-now he's in Junior High. I just honestly don't know where the time has gone. However, I have enjoyed every moment, no matter how fast those moments have flown by. And I know that there aren't that many more moments until he's off to college and starting his own family. If the next 12 years fly by as fast as the first.....yikes! I'm still working on that formula to stop the growing process. Nah! Each new stage is a fun adventure!

Happy Birthday Austin! You are such a constant joy to our family. Your Dad and I enjoy your antics, your inventions, your creativity, your love for milk, cheese, Smart Balance and bacon (the makings of some high cholesterol...), and your helpfulness in this family. We pray for you, son...that your heart will be softened and that you will lay your life down for the King, who laid down His life for you. As the Proverbs say, "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction. Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and do not forsake your mother's teaching." This is our prayer for you, that you will fear God and walk with Him always. We love you, "Freak" (inside joke...haha). Have a great 12th birthday!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Happy birthday, Austin!!! Have a wonderful day!