Friday, June 5, 2009

Austin Graduates Elementary School!

My new Junior High Student!

I can't believe it, but today Austin is officially graduating Elementary School! It seems like just yesterday that I was teaching him his letters. Now he is in Junior High!!! Where has the time gone? He has been a pleasure to teach, and is a fast and easy learner. He has grown so much in so many ways since he started school. I have enjoyed the privilege of homeschooling him from the very onset of his education, and look forward to continuing! So many people ask me if I plan on homeschooling through the end of high school or if I will ever send him to school. The answer is, God willing, I will homeschool him. I enjoy having him at home, he is thriving and learning, he is an integral part of this family, and he is gaining valuable life lessons and opportunities that he wouldn't get at school. I am so thankful to God for the blessing of being able to freely homeschool our children, and I don't take it for granted. In a world where the government wants control of everything, including our children, I am thankful that God is in control above all of that. God's Word is true and right, I will stick by it, and I will diligently teach its precepts to my children, all because of the right I currently have to homeschool. I pray the Lord will allow many more years of this precious freedom.


Tonight is our homeschool group's Promotion Ceremony, and I am excited to officially enjoy the passing of my eldest boy into Junior High! Austin, congratulations on your accomplishments in finishing your elementary education! I'll continue to pray for you diligently, my son!

No comments: