Thursday, May 21, 2009

14 Years of Marriage Today!

I can't even fathom that 14 years has passed since I said the words that would officially make me Dave's wife. So much has occured, so much has been learned, so much still to grow and learn. But there has never been a day that has gone by where I don't love Dave more than I did the day before. And there will never be a day when I don't acknowledge God for giving me this gracious gift. A husband who loves the Lord, loves and adores me, loves our children, and works so hard and so diligently at everything he does. What I love about Dave is the fact that everything he does, he does for me and for our kids, without a care and concern for his own interests.



While the world is filled with people who don't place a high value (or any value at all, for that matter) on marriage or committment, I am convinced that when Christ is at the center of a marriage, when the focus is on loving Christ, loving and obeying His words in Scripture, and living out the two greatest commandments- then there is no possibility of failure. It's foolproof. I strive to love, serve, and honor Dave as the leader in our home. Dave strives to love, protect, care for, and put my needs before his own. I am so thankful for Dave every day. He is the symbol of Christ's love for me in my life. I have enjoyed every minute with him since we had our first date way back on October 2, 1992. I sometimes still feel like a giddy young girl dating him for the first time. I still get lost in a sea of blue when I look into his ice blue eyes. I still get goose bumps when he puts on a black button up shirt and jeans for a date night. And I still laugh practically every day at the humorous things he says (some of you may not know that Dave is a really funny and highly sarcastic guy). I am keenly aware that all I have is a generous and gracious gift from God, never to be taken for granted. I never deserved any of it, yet I am so profoundly grateful.

Happy Anniversary, Dave! I pray for another 14, and another, and another........

No comments: