As I listen to the sweet sounds of my boys happily scootering and skateboarding outside, and while my husband is talking to a good friend on the phone, I felt compelled to post, since it's been a while. Lotsa stuff going on in this house full of boys. After just two short months at the new job, Dave has found himself starting another new position today for another company. A former coworker of Dave's from Technifex heavily pursued Dave to come work with him at Carlson and Company, and the offer was just too good to refuse! Although it was awkward for Dave to leave his job after only being there two months, we know that was God's plan! This company not only offered a better salary, but it's closer to home, offers more room for creative and financial advancement, and Fridays off!!!! Of course, that's a great perk!!! So he is now working four 10-hour shifts, which leaves Fridays off for rest, housework, or side jobs. I pray we can actually start filling our savings account. Oh wait, we don't have one. And never have! So we are humbled and grateful for the awesome opportunity from God's gracious and abundant hand.
The kids have been busy with school and lots of great field trips and activities. We have continued to be blessed by our twice-monthly visits down to Children's Hunger Fund. We have made some great friends down there, and it is such a blessing to train my boys to serve with no expectation of reward in return (well except a snack)! They are learning about thankfulness for our own provision and how wonderful it feels to do something for others. They can pray for and pack food for children they will never ever meet. After serving at CHF with our dear friends the Killians last week, we got to go out to lunch and go ice skating, which the boys thoroughly enjoyed. It was a fun afternoon! Thanks Killians for sharing your free passes with us!
The following day, we had the special treat of going bowling with our homeschool group. I even bowled with the boys! And I really stink. I mean really stink. I only used the bumpers a couple of times. I can bowl over 200 on the Wii, however. Just keep that in mind.
We also enjoyed a birthday party at Scooter's Jungle up here in Santa Clarita this past weekend as well. That place is TOO fun! Even for us old people. Hey, who are you calling old? Speaking of which, as I was walking into Smart and Final a couple of days ago, I stopped a lady dead in her tracks when she overheard one of the boys call me "Mom." "You are the.....the.....Mom??? I thought they were your brothers!!!!" Haha......I'll sign off with that one!




No comments:
Post a Comment