
Today is the 5 year anniversary of my nephew, Brady's departure from this world and entrance into heaven. This is one of the last pictures I have of him with my boys, taken the Thanksgiving before he passed away. Look how little Vance is!!!
Brady was such a remarkable boy. He was the first one to make me an Auntie in 1989! He was always such a goofy, silly, and energetic kid. In so many ways he reminds me of Austin, which I think is amazing. Most would view his illness as a horrible tragedy, but God used it in so many ways in the lives of so many people for good. I witnessed firsthand the grace, mercy, and sustaining love and power of God in multiple ways. Brady's bravery, strength, and gratitude during his illness was a living testimony of this to me and to many others. If a child could ever be an example to adult, he was that example. My faith was strengthened, and my understanding of the character of God deepened because of him.
Brady experienced more in his short life than most people ever will in a full lifetime. He was mature far beyond his years. He was able to discover the truth that many people will search long, far, and wide for, but never find. He understood and experienced the transforming power of God in the heart.
We all miss Brady dearly. Austin and Luke knew him for 7 and 5 years, and Vance, only a brief 3. But we all have memories that we will hold in our hearts forever. Someday I will have the privilege of seeing Brady again. Until that day, I have those dear memories of a boy who changed my life forever.
1 comment:
I love that photo of Brady and Vance...how precious!
I just wanted to tell you that I didn't cry at all yesterday, but you made me cry today reading this!!!
I love you. You blessed me with your words!
Post a Comment