Vance took this picture of me picking those beautiful organic blueberries!
There were dozens of rows.....and millions of berries ripe for the picking.
Clusters of berries ready to just fall off....
Austin was a skilled blueberry harvester.
Vance demonstrating his berry-picking techniques....Yesterday we had the opportunity to go blueberry picking with our homeschool group at a beautiful farm in Camarillo. The owners had an early harvest and were going to have to pay people to clear out the ripe berries so they could still have their usual spring harvest. So instead, several families from our group went and cleared them out for them! They told us to pick as much as we wanted, and that it was all FREE! And on top of that, they are organically grown!!! How much more could you ask for? All of us were SO thankful for the abundance of delicious, beautiful fruit we were able to bring home and share with others. This was our first experience picking anything other than fruit off my sister's orchard on her property, and it was so enjoyable! For me it was completely therapeutic to pick those berries, and I could have spent all day there, seriously! The boys enjoyed it for a while, and along with all the other kids, quickly became bored with the menial task. Afterwards, we were able to enjoy lunch at a beautiful 5 acre garden property just down the street. It was just breathtakingly beautiful and such an enjoyable afternoon of fun and fellowship. It was one of those days where I told myself, "Self, this is why we homeschool." For opportunities such as these. It was truly a gem of a day. And the evening was capped off by a rich time with two of my favorite ladies, Karen and Kelly, whom I meet with regularly (along with another wonderful lady, Nancy, who couldn't make it last night). We meet once a month to talk about ways we can pray for one another, discuss our current struggles, difficulties, things we are thankful for, and ways we can better love Christ and others. I am so thankful for the encouragement I receive from these ladies. They are a deep and rich treasure to me.
Another side note is that Dave's new job is going well! We are so thankful for 5 days a week once again, and the transition has been smooth. I am missing having lunch with him, but it's a good trade off. Work 5 days a week vs. having lunch with Dave....hmmm.......? I continue to marvel at how God takes care of us. My husband is healthy, able to work, willing to work hard, and an example and testimony to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment