
I tried a new recipe when we went camping last time, and I enjoyed it so much, I had to just make it again. All I have to say is, how can you go wrong with bacon, cheese, eggs, green onions, hash browns, and half and half???? And that is literally all the ingredients in this recipe, so it's not hard to make at all.
It's my newly beloved "Hash Brown Quiche", and I thank the Food Network for providing such a delectible recipe. It can easily be made the day before and then just reheated in the oven to make for a simple and quick breakfast. It will also freeze quite well, so you could enjoy it in the future, as well. I served it with a beautiful fruit salad this morning, and we were all quite happy campers.
Here's the recipe:
Hash Brown Quiche
3 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed and patted dry
4 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup cheddar cheese
3/4 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
1 cup half and half
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup chopped green onions
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450. Make sure the hash browns are patted dry really well, and then mix them with the melted butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients together and then pour over the hash browns. Lower the oven temp to 350, and bake for 30 minutes. Eat, drool, enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment