Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Beautiful Floors!


We have finished the floors! Praise God! The house is being returned to the order and sanctuary that I call home...well....as much order as can be had with three boys!

Above is our beautiful living room, transformed from yucky disgusting carpet to shiny, gleaming, fresh, lovely hardwood-Brazilian Cherry to be precise. I just love the variation of colors. It truly is a testament to our Creator. The wood all comes from one type of tree, yet so many creative and diverse colors and patterns are in each piece of floor we put down. Ahhh, and that fresh wood smell...it reminds me of my Grandfather's furniture store he owned in Lennox. I can still remember the smell to this day. As a child, I always loved to visit him at his store and I enjoyed the sight of all the unfinished wood with it's fragrant aroma!

The base mouldings are going in this week, and that will tie it all together. Then Dave can finish making trim pieces for the kitchen and making two new cabinet doors for under the sink. I am so thankful to my husband for all his hard work. I promised him a steak dinner, and thanks to Karen for her babysitting services, we will be enjoying that dinner next week! More pics to come.

2 comments:

the e-wife, Karen said...

Your floors look absolutely amazing!!!

I can't wait to come see them next week. I'll bring you a celebratory latte when I come.

K

Nancy said...

YIPPEEEEEE!! Well done, Dave! They look bee-utiful!