Today Dave and the boys went out for an afternoon of airsoft wars. It's such a male thing to do. They get all dressed in camouflage, pack up their guns, masks, hats, high-cap mags (I am impressing you with my vast knowledge of the sport), and all their other gun related items, and join some friends in a local mountainous area. They have an absolute blast.
But today, they brought a guest home for dinner. A somewhat unwelcome guest (in my opinion). One of my boys came running into the house with a bandana in their hands, concealing a large lumpy item. I just knew something nasty was in there when they came running up to me shoving it into my face. "Look, Mom!!!" Now, having multiple sons, I never know what is going to come through that door, and honestly I probably should not be surprised either. But the adventures are never ending!
It was a rattlesnake. A nice big juicy one, head and guts removed. After shooting and killing it with bb's, apparently they felt the need to bring it home for dinner. I sort of had a different idea for dinner, and already had some homemade pizzas in the oven and a salad ready to be tossed. But that's quite alright. I quickly shooed him out of my kitchen as he headed towards my sink to clean it. Yuck!!! I sent him outside to deal with it. He removed the skin, cleaned it, and placed it in a ziploc bag in the freezer. They are actually going to cook it....maybe marinate it and cook it on the grill. I will definitely give it a try, and report back to you.
Life with boys, folks. Life with boys. Always an adventure, and loving every minute of it (even if I do scream on occasion).
No comments:
Post a Comment