We made some progress this week! The kitchen estimate was approved, payment issued, and design began. Our contractor recommended a fantastic cabinet maker from our church, who came this week and patiently worked with me to design the most efficient kitchen I could possibly have! We are keeping our countertops, since they weren't in the budget for replacing at this time, so we worked in the same footprint as the current kitchen. Fortunately, it is laid out really well, so we just needed to tweak some of the cabinets to make them more functional. We added slideout drawers in some of the cabinets (yippee!), changed some cabinets to deep drawers for pots/pans/baking dishes (yippee!), and made the upper cabinets a foot taller (yippee)!!!!! Ooh, and crown moulding. Double yippee!!!! I am so very excited for the major reorganization of things that were haphazardouly placed. And ya know, for a little ole' homemaker like me, this is so VERY exciting, since the kitchen is my "office"!
I am also so very excited about my newly renovated master bath, that Dave and our contractor designed together. We knocked out walls, added a tub, and are making it a beautiful haven inside our master bedroom. I am not sharing any details yet, as I want to post pics when it is all done. Let's just say it will be magical. Today the tile in the shower is going in, the closet is being widened, and some other fun stuff!
The boys bathroom is almost completely done. Dave needs to install the vanity and countertop, and the moulding needs to be finished, and it will be completely functional again. I am extremely pleased with how the tile floor turned out, seeing as how I literally had to choose tile for that room in between hospital visits, and was in NO MOOD to pick out tile. It is beautifully neutral and will contrast well with the dark cocoa colored vanity and pale green walls. Oh, and the boys' vanity now has drawers. Woohoo!
Demo in the kitchen is coming up. That will be fun to watch! Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment