In June, we celebrated our oldest son's 13th birthday! Austin has grown so much in so many ways this past year, not to mention passed me up in height by several inches (which isn't hard). We rang in the teenage years with a sleepover with 9 boys. It was so much fun and so easy to please all those boys. Austin requested pizza, caesar salad, and a homemade pizookie for dessert with ice cream. They had a dart gun war of epic proportions at the park across the street, watched a movie, and then played video games all night. And by that, I mean they never slept. Not a wink. I slept all night, as they were out in the camping trailer in the driveway....works for me! It has been so much fun having a teenager and his teenage friends in our life. We have really transitioned into a new phase of life, and we are loving it so far! All the Junior High activities and events have really been a blessing to Austin, and he has jumped into everything with both feet!
We spent the rest of the days of summer at the pool, the beach, had a trip to Magic Mountain to use our free reading passes, a quick impromptu trip out to Mojave to ride dirt bikes, some trips to the shooting range, and a visit to Malibu Creek State Park for a refreshing swim in the water hole.
School has begun in full force this week! I am excited to embark on a new year, and have made some great curriculum changes that we are really enjoying so far. I look forward to what the year holds, and continue to give thanks to God for this precious freedom to school our boys at home, and for our homeschool group and all the activities we are blessed to participate in during the year.
Dave's new job is going well, and we praise God for both His provision and blessing! Dave is truly back in his element, using his gifts and talents, and really enjoying the work and the challenges. We are thankful to have both the provision and the enjoyment of work. The new company, Handmade, is thriving, adding employees, and gaining new projects in abundance. We will continue to trust in the Lord with how He chooses and sees fit to prosper the company.
With all that said, here's to a new school year! I hope to be more faithful to post the coming events as they happen. Starting with next week....our annual camping trip to Carpinteria State Beach! Woohoo!!!!
3 comments:
Glad you're back - I've missed you! Can't wait to hear about Carpinteria too!! (I'll be drooling as I read :-) )
I'm so thankful my one reader didn't give up on me!!!! Thanks Carol!!!!
Hey, I ALWAYS read your posts! I've been checking to see if you have had anything new every week or 2 and thought maybe you'd given it up in favor of Facebook!
Post a Comment