Today is my sister's birthday! Karen is one of my greatest blessings on this earth. I don't think I realized her worth and value until I was all grown up. We are almost 7 years apart, so growing up we were always in a different phase of life. I mean, come on, who wants a 9 year old bugging you when you're a teenager? And I'm sure I was just SO pleasant to be around back then anyways (: Hehe.Today, my sister is my best girl friend, my example, my encouragement, and one with whom I share all of life's joys and trials with. It never gets old, just her and me-whether we're hanging out by the pool, drinking coffee, sitting by the fireplace, donating blood together, eating and cooking, or just out and about. We are even together all the time at church. So much that people who don't know us well have to question whether or not we are related. We're always sitting together, wlaking down the halls together, in ministry together. What a joy and blessing. Like I said in the beginning of this post, Karen is one of God's greatest blessings to me. To know the love of a sister and friend, and know the peace and joy that we are both secure for eternity because of our mutual faith in Christ is an immense privilege, and one I do not deserve.
I love you, sis! I hope you enjoy your special day today! Enjoy being 29!
1 comment:
Awww, thank you! What an honor. I can say all the same things about you...LOVE YOU!!
Thanks for the birthday breakfast today, too! Special treat!
Post a Comment