Monday, February 22, 2010

What has been happening....

I have a curled up, purring cat tucked tightly against my arms. I cannot leave the desk. I am a prisoner to the sweet and soft, cuddly little creature that is Scooter. I guess I needed to blog anyways.


It's been so long since I last posted! January was chock full of many hours of overtime and deadlines for Dave at work. He worked long day shifts, all night shifts, and everything in between! We missed him a lot, but are thankful for God's extra provision!

Dave was scheduled to go on a business trip to NYC leaving Valentine's weekend, and since airfare was so cheap, Vance and I were going to join him for a whole week. However, the Lord had other plans for us, as the the company decided about three days before we were to leave that they would send another employee. We were disappointed, but it was such a good opportunity for me to share with the boys how much God is in control of every detail of our life, and how He ultimately makes the plans and knows far beyond us what is best. So as fast as I booked those plane tickets, I completely shifted around our entire week so we could go camping like we had originally planned before the NY trip so rudely interrupted. So off to the grocery store I went, and out to the garage Dave went to quickly ready the trailer and the dirt bikes to leave in two days flat. Our plan A was God's plan A all along, we just didn't know it! We ended up having a wonderful time out in the desert, and the weather was gorgeous. I think I much preferred the 80 degree warmth as opposed to the 30 degree and snowy weather I would have been enduring in New York....BRRRRRR!

I ain't gonna lie.....the kids were still a bit disappointed. Luke was supposed to go to my sister's house all week, so he was totally bummed. Austin was going to spend a week with one of his greatest friends at his house, so he was totally bummed. And Vance wasn't going to see New York, so he was MAJOR bummed. My sister had some things planned to do with Luke, and decided she still wanted to have him come over for a couple of days. Luke was super excited. We arranged for Austin to spend two days and one night at his friend's house, so he was excited. And I decided to spend the whole day with Vance doing something super special, to ease the blow of not going to NY. So off to Knott's Berry Farm we went, just the two of us. It was an absolutely wonderful day in every way. We walked on every ride, and most we rode several times. The weather was 75+ degrees. We stopped for lunch at the newly opened Pink's just outside the park and had ourselves pretty much the best chili dogs on the planet, no joke. And by the time the park was closing at 6pm, we had seen everything, and seen it twice! Of course, no trip to Knott's can be complete without a visit to Mrs. Knott's famous fried chicken restaurant. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits, and pie for dessert. Can you go wrong? The food was stellar, and Vance said that was the best restaurant he had ever eaten at, and told me he'd like to eat there every week. Uh, sure sweetie. You'll have a heart attack and we'll go broke, but hey, whatever floats your boat! We just had so much fun together making memories. Can't really complain about not going to NY when you get to experience such fun! We are so blessed!

So now we're all back together again, and back to the grind of daily life. School, laundry, cooking....exactly where I love to be.
Eating a chili dog at Pink's. A beautiful thing.
Yes, we went on that thing, and yes, we were soaking wet!
Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner......YUM!
Vance and his bud Snoops.
Cherry pie for dessert.
At the top of the ferris wheel. Look at the tiny car in the background!

Inside the stagecoach!

No comments: