A broken hand.....
A guy who got electrocuted.....
An M & M and a pirate.....
A Wedding (and me with a guy whom I love wearing a suit-Love it).....
A trip to Keyesville to ride......I can't believe it is already November and that holiday festivities are upon us. October was jam packed full. Trip to the pumpkin patch, fall dress up parties, a camping trip to Keyesville, the wedding of my best childhood friend, Sandy, a broken hand, some new and yummy recipes, and a whole lot of fun. I thank God for the opportunities and His provision to do all these things.
Vance's hand is fine. I am happy to report he HAS learned to use his hand to break his fall. And he sure did a good job at following instructions. The hand's not too happy about that, but the mouth and face are thankful they were spared this time, for once. He has a pretty red fiberglass cast for a couple of weeks. We will X-ray next week and see where we are at. He's a great sport!
I made a couple of new recipes last week. My sister has suggested I share more of my recipes. I laugh because I don't really consider myself a good cook, just a good follower of recipes! She creates in the kitchen, I only copy! Hehe. Anyways, I do love to cook and bake, I do love to find new recipes, and I do love providing meals my family and other enjoy. With that said, here are two recipes I thought you may enjoy trying. Super easy and fast. Super yummy. I was hesitate to make the Microwave Pumpkin butter, but BOY was I sure glad I tried it. Yummy to spread on toast, waffles, pancakes, etc.
Bacon and Crab Chowder
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 potatoes, peeled and cut to 1/2 inch dice
1 onion, chopped
4 ribs celery, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
3 tbsp flour
2 cups chicken broth
6 cups whole milk (I used 3 cups lowfat milk, 3 cups half & half)
12 oz crabmeat
3 tbsp fresh thyme (or 1 tbsp dried)
1 tbsp seafood seasoning
2 tbsp sherry
4 tbsp chopped green onions
Saute potatoes, onions, celery, and red bell pepper over medium high heat. Add bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 7-8 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, scraping the bits off the bottom of the pan. Add milk, stir well, and bring to a low boil. Simmer on low, covered. Mix the crab with the thyme and seafood seasoning, and add to the pot. Simmer uncovered for 6-7 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender and the soup has thickened. Add the bacon and sherry just before serving, and sprinkle the green onions over each bowlful.
Microwave Pumpkin Butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
Vance's hand is fine. I am happy to report he HAS learned to use his hand to break his fall. And he sure did a good job at following instructions. The hand's not too happy about that, but the mouth and face are thankful they were spared this time, for once. He has a pretty red fiberglass cast for a couple of weeks. We will X-ray next week and see where we are at. He's a great sport!
I made a couple of new recipes last week. My sister has suggested I share more of my recipes. I laugh because I don't really consider myself a good cook, just a good follower of recipes! She creates in the kitchen, I only copy! Hehe. Anyways, I do love to cook and bake, I do love to find new recipes, and I do love providing meals my family and other enjoy. With that said, here are two recipes I thought you may enjoy trying. Super easy and fast. Super yummy. I was hesitate to make the Microwave Pumpkin butter, but BOY was I sure glad I tried it. Yummy to spread on toast, waffles, pancakes, etc.
Bacon and Crab Chowder
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 potatoes, peeled and cut to 1/2 inch dice
1 onion, chopped
4 ribs celery, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
3 tbsp flour
2 cups chicken broth
6 cups whole milk (I used 3 cups lowfat milk, 3 cups half & half)
12 oz crabmeat
3 tbsp fresh thyme (or 1 tbsp dried)
1 tbsp seafood seasoning
2 tbsp sherry
4 tbsp chopped green onions
Saute potatoes, onions, celery, and red bell pepper over medium high heat. Add bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 7-8 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, scraping the bits off the bottom of the pan. Add milk, stir well, and bring to a low boil. Simmer on low, covered. Mix the crab with the thyme and seafood seasoning, and add to the pot. Simmer uncovered for 6-7 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender and the soup has thickened. Add the bacon and sherry just before serving, and sprinkle the green onions over each bowlful.
Microwave Pumpkin Butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp each ginger, cloves, nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
Combine all ingredients except pumpkin in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Add pumpkin, mix well, and microwave on high for another 5 minutes. Mixture will be bubbly. Serve warm, and refrigerate leftovers.
Combine all ingredients except pumpkin in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Add pumpkin, mix well, and microwave on high for another 5 minutes. Mixture will be bubbly. Serve warm, and refrigerate leftovers.
No comments:
Post a Comment