Lest you think I am kidding, it really is no joke. My three boys and I all spent the entire day at Magic Mountain yesterday for $6.03! The boys did the "Read to Succeed" program during the school year, where in exchange for 6 hours of reading per child, you get a free ticket to Magic Mountain, and the teacher gets a free ticket, too! Amazing! My dear friend Sabrina offered to drop me off and pick me up at the gate since she lives about 10 minutes from the park, to save the ***CHOKE*** $15 they charge you, rather rob you, to park there. We ate PB&J's right before entering the gate, I packed snacks and water bottles, and we got free cups of ice water all day long at various food stands. Now, you may be asking "What was $6.03?" Well, that was my reward, (a frozen lemonade), to one of my brave children, who without reserve decided to face his fears and attack Batman. Needless to say, the said child rode Batman about 4 more times after that! The crowd was SO light, and we literally walked onto every ride with the exception of about a 30 minute wait at the new ride, Terminator Salvation. Austin and I even got onto the very popular Tatsu ride in 15 minutes flat. It was so fun, as we were able to ride everything, and ride everything again! A lot of times, they just ran right back into line and rode things twice or three times. It was such a lovely day! I had every intention of leaving before dinner, but we ended up staying until closing time-10PM!!!!! I really enjoyed spending the day with my boys. They are truly fearless, and it's so fun to all enjoy the same rides together. Austin literally will ride anything in the park. No exceptions. Luke and Vance had a very short list of rides they just wouldn't attempt, like X and Tatsu. But they were fearless for the rest! It was such a fun day and a very huge blessing to be able to experience it at practically no cost.
In fact, most of our summer activities have been mostly little or no cost, and we have been kept busy all summer. What a blessing! We have had swim days at friends' pools, the free weekly movies at the Edwards Cinemas, a few Aquatic Center and beach days, trips to the library, serving at Children's Hunger Fund twice a month, and even a bike ride here and there when it cools off enough. I might add that my boys all put me to shame on the bike paths. I can hardly keep up. Dave teases me about being the only person in the house who regularly exercises, yet the last one to finish the trail! Hmffff.....I have no clue.
We're coming to the tail end of our leasurely fun-filled and relaxing summer. School books are now being purchased, and lesson plans are underway, as we plan to begin a new school year in a couple of weeks. I am so thankful for the rest from the school routine, but always anxiously await the order that it brings to our home each fall. I am looking forward to continuing my early morning routine that I have been doing for the last few months in the context of the school year. Early mornings for me mean my heart, mind, and body are prepared for the school day when it begins! Praise God for all He is doing in our family, and may we seek to glorify Him in all we do!
No comments:
Post a Comment