This past weekend was a whirlwind! It started last Thursday when my Dad came up and took the boys and I out for lunch to Islands. He brought them huge goody bags for Halloween stuffed with all their favorite goodies. We then perused the Valencia Pet store for a while, then I took Dad over to see Dave's office. It was so much fun. If you are ever in the area, take a visit to Valencia Pet. Ask to hold any animal you want. They are so nice in there and it is so much fun to play with all the cool animals. Make sure you pay a friendly visit to "Herman Monster".
Friday was our homeschool group's Fall Party. The kids dressed up and played games, decorated sugar cookies, and had a pie-eating contest. Austin was a nerd, Luke a skateboarder, and Vance a magician. It was a fun filled day. Did I mention my youngest is apparently a pie-eating contest pro? He won the contest for his age bracket. Hmmm.....
As soon as we arrived home from the party, we hitched up the trailer, which was all packed up and ready, and headed out to Gorman SRVA with our friends, the Berggrens. We arrived late afternoon, set up camp and had some fun. That Friday night, we were surprised with a thunder and lightning storm! That brought rain most of the day Saturday, but that didn't stop the kids from riding and playing outside. The bikes and buggies were covered in mud. Come to think of it, so were my children. But it was OK, because they were having so much fun. Vance just stood out in the rain filling his hat up with water and dumping it onto his head. Luke rode his dirt bike. Austin filled a large rubbermaid with muddy water. What more could a kid ask for. Well, maybe some dry clothes at the end of the day!
Sunday brought clear skies, the sun, and beautiful conditions. No dust, no dirt, no wind! It couldn't have been a better day. Dave took Vance for a drive in the Berggrens' buggy, and they came back absolutely soaked to the bone. Vance wanted to go through the puddles at full speed. Ha! How fun is that? I felt "mavericky" and took my dirt bike out for a short spin. No crashes this time-woohoo! Austin enjoyed the Berggren's quad. As for Vance, who usually drives our dune buggy around non-stop....well he decided to try riding the 50 since the buggy was broken. Let's just say he didn't get off that thing until we packed up to leave. He loved it! I am so proud of him. We took a group trail ride down the road a bit to a track the kids wanted to ride, and he went through puddles, mud, sand, rocks, uphill, downhill (inside outside upside down!) all the way and did so awesome for a beginner. He fell a couple of times, but got right back on! I guess we have a new rider in the family. I'm so happy for him! He's the same age Luke was when he started riding. It must be the magic age. When we took the group ride, I drove the Berggrens' buggy with their daughter Claire, lover of speed. It was such a blast! That thing is so fun. Fast, great suspension, just what a dune buggy should be.
Other highlights were making caramel apples (when the rain was really coming down), setting up a projector and movie theater inside the trailer and watching Journey to the Center of the Earth, complete with popcorn and candy, and also going on a ride with my husband in the buggy, just the two of us. I left clean, but came back wet, muddy, and with rocks in my hair. I'm so thankful for my trailer complete with shower. Geez. All in all, it was such a fun trip. I really didn't want to leave. I would have loved one more day. God was so good! The much needed rain, beautiful scenery, great friends, safety for all, and memories made with my husband and kids that I will not soon forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment