Monday, August 4, 2008

Dave is on the loose again....















This is the new device that Dad built. This is the device that entertained the boys that Dad built. This is the device that entertained the boys on a hot summer day that Dad built. This is one of many devices that have entertained the boys that Dad built. OK, are you getting irritated with that? I am.

Well, Dave is on the loose again....he was just itching to make this water
bottle cannon that he saw online made out a few pieces of PVC and a couple of other parts of which I have no clue what they are or what they do. Let me preface this by saying that several months ago, he was dying to build a pneumatic tennis ball shooter (or apple shooter, stuffed animal shooter, potato shooter, or whatever floats your boat shooter). The kids had SO much fun with that thing. I am not kidding when I say it can shoot a tennis ball over 200 ft. in the air. Hilarious.
Well, back to the water bottle cannon, all it takes is a little pump of air with the tire pump or air compressor, a bottle filled with water, and well, some clothes that you're willing to get wet. Oh, and a neighbor who doesn't get mad when several water bottles come crashing into her backyard, virtually out of nowhere. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a......water bottle! I tell you, God knew what He was doing when he gave Dave three boys. I have to say, he is a great boy dad. He just loves making these concoctions for them to enjoy. I'm convinced he is living vicariously through them, as well. Dave really just wants to be a big kid with them and have fun.




No comments: