Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Almost there......

Do you see this????




Freshly rototilled yard!!!!


Do you know what this means?????

Grass soon!!!!!  We did nothing in the yard for a couple of months.   Dave had been hired to do some extra work, so he was working long days and weekends for several weeks.  We are thankful!!  It was finally time to proceed, so Dave drug out the rototiller once more.  A little tilling, a little watering, a little more tilling.  Dave moved some of the dirt to the side yard to lower the level a bit, then he raked it all nice and neat.  We were all ready for sod last weekend and then......it rained.  We needed the rain, and it actually helped compact the dirt a bit and show us where low and high spots are.  So Dave will do a final raking, and we are ready for the sod. Could be this weekend!!!!  We are only doing one side at a time, so the dogs will still have a place to run and go potty, so we will build a temporary fence around it, let it get established, and then move to the other side.  I am beside myself with excitement.  I haven't seen grass in my yard for a longggggg time.  And never weed-free grass.  Ah, the simple joys of life.

Thanksgiving week is here, and I am hosting at our house this year.  While my house is small, I do truly enjoy the preparation and having people in our cozy home.  Thankfully my kitchen is rather large for a small house and I have lots of counter space.  Add in that I love to cook, and that's all I need!!!  My sister and family, and Dave's family will be coming.  I am looking forward to it!

No Thanksgiving camping trip for us this year.  I am rather relieved, actually, even though I will miss it.  I have come a long way in my recovery from my neck problems, but am still not completely there, and the idea of sleeping in my camping trailer just didn't appeal to me.  I am proving to be a rather tough and unique case to my doctor, and he is still trying to figure out my complicated little self.  I truly enjoy watching all the other patients go in for their treatments and leave within 15 minutes, while mine last 1-2 hours (hint of sarcasm).  Ha!  I never used to be that patient nobody could figure out.  I guess that's what happens when you are about to turn.....ahem (not telling you).

But seriously, what I have learned from all this is well worth all of it.  God has been SO faithful.  I am so blown away at how much He cares for me, and how gracious He has been to allow me to experience limitations so that I can appreciate smaller things and focus on what is important.  I am thankful He has allowed me pain so I can have compassion and pray for other who experience pain far greater than mine.  It has made my problems seem insignificant in comparison.  If I never felt any relief from my pain, God would be good.  But He has chosen to relieve me of a significant amount of it already, and for that, I am so thankful.   I can't specifically think of any Scriptures that come to mind that have helped me, but what I believe to be true about God and who He is have always been my strength in weakness.  Knowing that God is faithful, trustworthy, and in control even in the midst of great discouragement have flooded my mind and heart with peace during this whole process.  It would be so easy to worry, and believe me, I have had moments of worry.  It would be so easy to despair, and I have had those moments too.  But if I look back on my life thus far, I can see that God has always provided for us in ways I could have never imagined, and then I ask myself what did I really need to worry for?  I have seen His provision, His healing, His faithfulness, and His mercy.  I wish I could be so faithful.

No comments: