Monday, October 6, 2008

Not much to blog about, but I guess I'll find something!

I have missed blogging. It is therapy to me, for some reason...kind of like washing your car and vacuuming it completely. It's that clean, "everything is taken care of" kind of feeling. So it is with blogging. It's like clearing out the thoughts in my head for the world (well, for the 5 people that read this blog) to read.

Not much to blog about. School is going fine. The field trips and PE classes have begun. The kids Awana classes are underway on Wednesday nights. We are going camping in the desert this weekend planned around a field trip to Edwards Air Force Base. It will be a fun, five-family camping trip, our first real trip since Yosemite in May. We are really looking forward to getting away for a few days.

This week, my Mom's Auntie Edith in Alaska (and always very close and special to our family) passed away. Although I haven't seen her in years, it is very sad that she is gone. It reminds me of how brief our time is here on this earth. It is like a vapor, and then it is gone.

I try to remember that during the ho-hum grind of daily life. God wants me to savor each moment He has ordained for me. If doing laundry is what he has ordained for me, cleaning up spills, breaking up arguements, picking up those dreaded little evil Lego pieces that run my life (I got carried away, sorry). It is all the work that God gives me to delight in Him and in serving my family. I pray I would let go of the rigid strings that so easily entangle me and rob me of my joy in doing all the mundane things of life. It is so easy to see the beauty of life when your child leans over and kisses you and says "You're the best Mom ever". Why isn't it as easy when he has failed to do what you have asked of him mulitple times? These are such training times, times to demonstrate God's authority and rule over my life and how that is lived out to my children. I fail at it every day. I fail at doing what is right just as much as my children do.

So I pray I would find joy in each moment....even picking up the dreaded little lego pieces. The ones that rule my life.

1 comment:

Grandma Lorrie said...

Oh, Suzanne! I always love to read your blogs and admire you for the humble, insightful person that you are. I think you are pretty close to perfect! I'm sorry to hear that your mom's aunt passed away but I know she enjoyed a long life.