Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lotsa stuff coming up....

I haven't blogged in a while, and I miss it! There hasn't been much to blog about. Just the usual routine of life. School, church, life. It is, apparently, caterpillar season at the DeShong household, as the boys have found three in a matter of one day.





We are coming up on some exciting events around here. This coming weekend, Austin will be participating in the Awana Truth and Training Bible Quiz. He will compete alongside his teammates against other local area churches. He has been practicing the last few Sunday afternoons, and is gearing up for the big event!


The following weekend is the AWANA Grand Prix! Both Luke and Austin will make beautiful creations (with Dave's help) out of a block of wood and four wheels. It must weigh under 5 oz. I believe. They judge both on speed and creativity of design. Of course, we are going for speed. Of course. Austin is making his car into a stick of dynamite. Get it, TNT? (His club is called Truth and Training and is sometimes called T&T). Luke is making his into a skateboard. Quite fitting for him, I must say. Dave has already completed the cutting process. The boys are now in the sanding phase. They will then paint and embellish them, and finally weight them properly. It is such a blast for all of my boys, including Dave. Here is a pic of Luke's freshly cut block:

More to come as their creations start to take shape!

No comments: