Monday the 25th marked my oldest son's entry into the world of double digits-Austin turned a whopping 10 years old. I just can't believe it has been ten years since I entered the world of motherhood. He was my first child, the one who began it all for me, and I honestly don't know where the time has gone. It seems like yesterday that I was holding his tiny little body and sparse head of blonde hair in my arms. Oh, how he has grown in so many ways!
Austin's Requested Birthday Menu:
Breakfast: Bacon, hash browns, and eggs
Lunch: Spaghettios...YUCKY!!!
Dinner : Steak, mashed potatoes, salad with blue cheese dressing, homemade biscuits
Cake: Mint chip ice cream cake with a fudge/oreo layer and whipped cream frosting.
Our day was pretty uneventful, since it was a weekday. The gifts we ordered him online did not come, and still have not come (Walmart is on my hit list right now). So poor Austin has still not opened his presents. But I did take him over to the store to pick out something he had his eye on for a while (just so he would have something exciting happen on his B-day)! It was a plug in Wheel of Fortune game that you play on the TV. He just loves that game. He is very interested in all kinds of game shows.
Austin is such a unique and wonderful son, and we have been so blessed to watch him grow over the last ten years. TEN YEARS. I still can't figure out how that happened!!! I love you Buddy, Freaky Pete, my special froggy lover! You are a blessing and joy to me (and your Dad).
No comments:
Post a Comment