
Half Dome
Chrysler Building
This morning as I was having my morning Bible study, thoughts of my time in New York were still on my mind. You know, after you come home from a new experience, your mind continues to ponder it all...well at least that's what happens to me! I was trying to tie together all my thoughts regarding why New York has left such an impact on me. I came home just completely awed by it all. Well, I am amazed by simple things, so you can imagine my thoughts after just seeing the Statue of Liberty, etc. I figured out that the most amazing thing about New York was its history and architecture. Dave pointed out that when most of the buildings in New York were built, they didn't have computer drafting, or even welding! Everything was done by hand. Which makes the simple fact that the Empire State Building was erected in just 15 short months an amazing feat of man. So here is where my mind wandered. The city is filled with amazing feats of man. So I said to myself, "self"...if I am so amazed at what man can create, how much MORE SO should I be amazed at what God has made? As our family prepares to leave tomorrow for a long weekend in Yosemite, I am preparing myself for just that. Yosemite lies is stark contrast with New York in that it is a place completely created by God. When did man ever create a mountain? Or the seas? Or an amazing waterfall? Or the birds, squirrels, or even man himself? Yosemite is the perfect place to be in awe over what God has done. It is a place where I can worship God simply because of what I can visibly see. But faith is worshipping God based on what I cannot see. My faith is based on the son of God being sent to earth to die in place of sinful men. But I have never seen Jesus, so where is my proof? My proof is in the creation. Romans 1: 18-20 says:
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
Nobody has the excuse of unbelief because we have proof through what God has made! We see it each day when we go outside! So as we leave for our trip, I am preparing for 5 days filled with wonder over what God has done. It far surpasses anything that man can ever create with his own hands. And to top it all, God made it all in 6 days. Beat that!

No comments:
Post a Comment