

Our beloved pet rat, Lilly, passed away last week from a large tumor that had grown on her chest. The boys wanted to bury her in the backyard, so they dug a hole, buried her, and placed a Calla Lily from our garden on top...A lily for Lilly. Luke made a "headstone" out of a piece of bark and wanted to carve R.I.P. on it!
Well, wouldn't you know it, the boys begged for a new rat. And although I relished in the absence of the cage shavings that were always dragged all over the house, I was inclined to acquiesce to their request....means "YES!" So today, we stopped at Petco and picked out a darling new little baby girl. She is white and gray, and we affectionately chose the name Daisy just to continue the flower name theme. She is very sweet, but a little nervous and scared. It will just take some time for her to get used to her new home. The boys are already doting upon her and loving her up. She will be loved genuinely three times over! Welcome to the family, Daisy!
1 comment:
Post a Comment